Over the past 18 months, more companies have turned to digital marketing as an effective way to reach prospective customers. This trend has fueled significant growth at (un)Common Logic. We have grown 38% during this time and are looking to double the size of our agency in the next 2-3 years. To do this, we need to add talent to our team. This is where you come in!
We are looking for an experienced people manager who has strong client and analytical skills. Our Account Managers are responsible for account strategy, day-to-day client relationship management, managing analysts, and overall account performance. You will “own” 5-10 client relationships in this position and provide weekly status updates on performance and strategic direction.
Note: digital marketing experience is a plus but not required to be eligible for hire. (un)Common Logic has an exceptional digital marketing training program that quickly trains highly analytical people to become experts.
Want to know more about our (un)Common company?(un)Common Logic is a digital marketing agency located in Austin, Texas which was founded in 2008 under the name 360Partners. Our talented team of experts relentlessly pursue excellence in marketing performance and high-touch customer service. We solve the hard problems in digital marketing by using data to (un)cover surprising details, then use human intelligence to leverage those insights into (un)common results.
Yes, we have all of the benefit stuff like unlimited vacation, flex start, health insurance, IRA’s etc. but that is not the reason to join our team.
While we are laid back and fun to be around, we are also committed to doing what it takes to deliver excellent performance. You will be working side-by-side with a team of folks who geek out on what they do and get really excited when they drive great results for our clients.
Every member of our team is committed to uphold our (un)common values:
- Do what it takes to deliver excellent results
- Have the right attitude
- Do the right thing
- Communicate directly and honestly
- Do what you say you are going to do
- Always learn and try new things
We don’t just tape our values on the wall or put them in a filing cabinet – we “walk the talk” on our values at (un)Common Logic. The Austin-American Statesman has named us as one of their “Top Workplaces” SEVEN years in a row (we are the only ad agency to have received the award more than once).
We are very proud of the culture and team we have built over the last 12 years. As such, this position is based out of our office in Austin, TX (not remote).
Want to learn more about our culture?
- Learn more about our team
- Read more about our values
- One of our Co-founders wrote a blog post on the type of person who succeeds at (un)Common Logic
Does this sound like a place you would like to work? We would love to talk to you!
- Build digital marketing account plans (both short- and long-term) for each client and execute against these plans with assistance from supporting analysts and staff
- Ensure the account remains on-budget and meets client performance goals
- Provide strategic recommendations applicable to client’s business model and goals
- Own day-to-day communications with the clients and create and maintain a positive, proactive relationship
- Manage and mentor analysts; this includes performance reviews, hiring, and firing
- Organize analyst workloads and prioritize activities for the week and month
- Assist other account managers and analysts as needed to ensure satisfied clients
Skills Needed for the Position
- Strong client management skills
- Exemplary analytical skills and detail orientation
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- High energy, drive, and maturity
- Ability to manage and grow a team
- Enjoys technology and staying on top of a rapidly changing industry
- Likes to work in a fast-moving, yet casual environment
- A sense of humor
- 5+ years of work experience ideally in a client facing role
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of at least two direct reports
- Deep analytical capabilities (i.e. experience using pivot tables and other advanced features in Excel)
- Digital marketing experience a plus but not required
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now and in future
- This job starts as virtual but will be based out of our Austin office when it is safe to reopen. Must currently live in the Austin area or be willing to relocate to Austin, TX
- Minimum Bachelors Degree
Does this sound like a good fit for you? apply now