The (un)Common Logic team is currently working remotely during COVID-19 and will always put the safety of our team first. This position will require the applicant to work in-person in our Austin office once we safely reopen.
Who We Are
Our unofficial tag line is “Geeks with spreadsheets coming to save the day!” We do this by helping companies solve one of the hardest challenges in business – how to grow through acquiring new customers. By day, we’re an ad agency which specializes in creating a variety of world-class digital marketing campaigns including SEO. Our clients range from exciting start-ups to well-known brands.
By night, we’re a team that has a multitude of different hobbies and interests. Among us you can find a former member of a traveling family band, a former Miss Texas Gatorfest Queen, an international hand-ball champion, and several former college athletes. Our obsessions range from movie references from the 80s, to Tiff’s Treats, March Madness, and pranking each other.
Check out more about (un)Common Logic here.
Our office is located in Austin, TX (near 2222 & MoPac) and this position will work out of the office once we have safely reopened. Oh, in case you were wondering, we have been around since 2008 and have been profitable since we were founded (re: we’ll be around).
What We Need
Despite some of the initial challenges with COVID-19, our business has grown faster than ever this year. As such, we need additional SEO teammates to help serve and grow our clients!
The SEO Manager plays a key role in this by being both the “boots on the ground” and “manager of the team” when it comes to creating and executing an SEO strategy. A successful person in this role will:
- Identify opportunities to improve SEO performance for our clients by using their strong analytical and technical SEO skills
- Work with the (un)Common Logic account managers to create action plans based on the identified opportunities
- Oversee and help implement SEO action plans with other team members and clients
- Manage, mentor, and develop other members of the SEO team
- Provide any additional support as needed
Specific Job Responsibilities for This Role Include
- Stay abreast of SEO industry trends and communicate trends to clients and the internal team
- Conduct and assist in audits and participate in presentations to clients
- SEO technical audits
- Google Analytics audits for tracking, data accuracy, and insights
- Monitor SEO performance and identify opportunities to improve client SEO performance through use of industry tools (Google Analytics, SEOMoz, Ahrefs, STAT Analytics, XML sitemap generators, Screaming Frog, and others)
- Create architectural, technical, and content recommendations based on data and analysis
- Communicate with account managers and clients regarding explanations of SEO strategies, tactics, recommendation deliverables, and performance issues
- Help mentor and grow other SEO team members
- Be a source of SEO expertise to various PPC and SEO account teams as needed
What We Are Looking for
We would love for you to be a part of our team! Our ideal candidate will have these characteristics:
- A bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of SEO experience with medium to enterprise scale websites with demonstrated results
- Experience managing SEO teams
- Demonstrated ability to train and develop SEO teammates
- Detail-oriented with exemplary analytical skills
- Mastery of key SEO tools such as Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, etc.
- Deep understanding of Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager & Search Console
- A shared perspective on the “new SEO” with a strong focus on visibility, clicks, engagement, conversion, and ROI
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Demonstrated persistence, tenacity, and an ability to overcome obstacles
- Likes to work in a fast-moving yet casual environment
- A sense of humor
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now and in the future
Why You Should Work with Us
Yes, we have all the benefit stuff like paid vacation, work-from-home days, health insurance, etc. but that is not the reason to join our team. While we are laid back and fun to be around, we are also committed to doing what it takes to deliver excellent performance. You will be working side-by-side with an amazing team of folks who geek out on what they do and get really excited when they drive great results for our clients. In fact, our team is so happy that we’ve been listed as a Top Workplace by the Austin American-Statesman for 7 years. Because that award is determined by an anonymous survey of team members, we know it indicates genuine appreciation, and it’s one of the awards we’re proudest of. You are guaranteed to learn a lot and make a difference for our clients.
- Paid vacation
- Work-from-home days
- Casual dress
- Matching IRA contributions
- Summer Fridays
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Conferences & other learning opportunities
- Company-sponsored events
Want to learn more? There’s more about our perks and benefits here!
Does this sound like a place you would like to work? We would love to talk to you!
Join our team!
Please apply through this link: Indeed